Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Michaelmas

Michael is the bad ass of heaven and when it comes to spiritual warfare, he is the one you want on your side aiding in the struggle with the archons and rulers.

He helps you find them, face them and say to them, "I see you now, I know that you're there and with that I give you a name and number". After all, the source of their power is their ability not to be seen.

Here's a link to a gnostic homily of St. Michael defender of gnosis by Rev. Steve Marshall.

3 comments:

Troy Camplin said...

I didn't know there were still gnostics :-)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was quite surprised too a few years back.

There's actually one historically unbroken thread called the Mandaens who are currently in Iraq and migrating to other countries including the US and Canada in large numbers due to recent terrorist harassment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism

The Western stream of which I affiliate with owe much of it's existence to the late nineteenth century gnostic revival initiated by Jules Benoit Doinel. It's more difficult if not impossible to trace much further than this.

Unknown said...

a